Advertisement

lethargic at 38 weeks

topic posted Wed, January 4, 2006 - 2:49 PM by  Celynen
Share/Save/Bookmark
Ok, everything I've read said I should be in high energy, nesting mode at this stage. But all I really want to do is sleep and lay on the sofa with my feet up. Has my irregular nighttime sleep pattern just caught up to me, or should I ask my doctor if something is wrong?
posted by:
Celynen
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: lethargic at 38 weeks

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 3:09 PM
    pfff i was lethagic about a month and a half before i was due with my 2nd, i was tired and HAD to nap 2X a day everyday. once in the morning after getting my daughter off to school and again around noontime then i was dozing by 10pm. so i wouldnt think anythings wrong but if your worried about it ask. thats all...lol
    ~_~
    • Re: lethargic at 38 weeks

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 5:59 PM
      i just remember feeling absolutely enormous and that i was moving slower and slower. i was excited that i was so close to meeting my daughter but my physical energy was lagging A LOT. i think my nesting kicked in a lot sooner and was done by then. great time to rest yourself up for labor - sleep as much as you can and let other people do any last minute baby preparations :).

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 6:45 PM
        i've been pretty lethargic and getting very nauseous lately (i didn't get morning sickness at all during this whole time!) I think everyone is just different... just take this time to relax because you won't have much in a couple of weeks! :)

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 8:34 PM
    Ugh, me too. I am just so sick of feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I don't want to do anything but sit here and feel annoyed.

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 9:48 PM
      I also have to take a nap daily. I can't stand for too long or I get out of breath. I don't even have any intellectual energy. I just want to read magazines and watch tv (that is so unlike the normal me). I can't focus or concentrate on reading material that requires real thinking.

My nesting instincts are limited to small projects right now (putting photos in photo albulm). the other day i did my closet, but I work very slowly these days.

I think lethargy is normal towards the end of pregnancy, but conditions like anemia can probably make it worse. If you are really concerned, you may want to get checked, but I suspect you are probably fine.

I don't know how people deal with late term pregnancy AND care for a toddler or baby at the same time *shivers*. I would die!

Thu, January 5, 2006 - 8:43 AM
        Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was an early nester -- there's nothing left that *needs* to be done at this point. I sewed a little caddy for all the diaper supplies yesterday, and it took most of the day because my attn span is so low at the moment. I agree with you Ellen, my intellectual energy is zero as well. I'm on my last few pages of the baby sign language book and I can't get the signs to stick in my brain at all.

Thu, January 5, 2006 - 10:09 AM
          The best way to learn those (baby signs) is one at a time, with baby, I think. Also, the baby will not quite pick any of it up for some time...

You sound uber prepared Celynen! All my sewing projects and 'do before baby comes' projects are on the back burner, and I'd better do them before I am totally incompacitated. I'm already a wreck at 32 weeks! I just started losing sleep at night and am a zombie during the day now.

Fri, January 6, 2006 - 2:51 PM
    ok, i feel better reading you all....i'm at 26 weeks and have periods of three or four days at a time where i do nothing but sleep! i might be up long enough to eat breakfast adn do dishes, then i'm down for three hours! Nesting? what nesting? lol ...i can't even hold a train of thought about what needs to be done! my babe has been standing breech for the past week or so and is kick boxing on and off all night too, so my sleep is really whacky lately. My midwife says if you feel sleepy, lay yourself down, woman! lol

Recent topics in "pregnancy and its ups and downs"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
HELP! Anjie 2 May 1, 2012
a month or so left! Lyla 4 January 16, 2012
small gestational sac Unsubscribed 12 January 1, 2012
"Birth Matters" Goofball Jess 2 August 19, 2011